Workbench Logo
Workbench Logo
Workbench Logo
Workbench Logo
Workbench Logo

Network Rail awards 7,000-vehicle remarketing deal to Manheim

By / 1 month ago / News / No Comments

Network Rail has signed up Manheim to remarket 7,000 vehicles over the next three years.

Network Rail awards 7,000-vehicle remarketing deal to Manheim

Network Rail awards 7,000-vehicle remarketing deal to Manheim

Following a period of using outright purchase for its fleet, the rail operator is now disposing of the vehicles, which comprise 80% light commercials, including car derived vans, panel vans and specialist messing units as well as 4x4s and pick-ups, with the other 20% made up of company cars and a fleet of branded pool cars.

The sole supplier deal will see Manheim deploy its ‘swift’ de-fleet process, ensuring the vehicles are comprehensively prepared pre-sale. This includes 360-degree turntable HD imagery and electronic inspections.

Network Rail will also work with Manheim to ensure all de-fleeted vehicles are presented for an MOT prior to sale, in line with the rail operator’s ‘everyone home safe every day’ safety culture, as well as full and comprehensive service records and ownership documentation to demonstrate provenance.

Manheim will also deliver two new initiatives under the Public Services Social Value Act, which requires suppliers to demonstrate value add activities for society throughout the contract term. In what is believed to be a first for any remarketing business, Manheim will employ an apprentice to support contract delivery for Network Rail as well as undertaking a carbon offset tree planting programme.

James Davis, director of commercial vehicles at Manheim said: “The partnership will be a rare opportunity to launch a highly prestigious household name into the UK wholesale auction marketplace.

He added: “The response to date from buyers has been overwhelming, and they are all keen to secure an additional source of quality vehicles to satisfy retail demand.”

The initial CV sale takes place at Manheim Shepshed on Monday 23 October followed by a car auction at Manheim Birmingham on 30 October.

For more of the latest industry news, click here.

Related Post

Natalie Middleton

Natalie has worked as a fleet journalist for 14 years, previously as assistant editor on the former Company Car magazine before joining Fleet World in 2006. Prior to this, she worked on a range of B2B titles, including Insurance Age and Insurance Day. Natalie works across the magazine portfolio and updates the company websites with daily news, interviews and road test content.