Fleet operators and suppliers have been recognised for their work to improve the safety of at-work drivers at Brake’s annual UK Fleet Champions Awards.
The virtual awards ceremony was held last Thursday 19 November 2020 as part of Road Safety Week and saw the UK’s fleets – including British Gas and Arriva – scoop titles while the Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety went to John Boocock at Fleetmaster Group.
The awards are held annually as part of Brake’s Global Fleet Champions campaign; its global partnership to prevent crashes and reduce pollution caused by vehicles used for work purposes.
The 2020 UK Fleet Champions Awards winners are:
- Company Driver Safety Award (small fleet), sponsored by Fleetmaster Group – Metworks
- Company Driver Safety Award (medium fleet), sponsored by Fleetmaster Group – Air Products
- Company Driver Safety Award (large fleet), sponsored by Fleetmaster Group – British Gas
- Sustainable Journeys Award, sponsored by Reflex Vehicle Hire – Go Ahead Group
- Dr Will Murray Award for Analysis and Action, sponsored by eDriving – Vision Track
- Fleet Safety Innovation Award, sponsored by Fleet Service GB – eDriving
- Fleet Safety Partnership Award – Trakm8 and Altrad
- Fleet Safety Product Award – In Space Media
- Fleet Safety Product in-vehicle Award, sponsored by Zurich – Smart Witness
- Road Safety in the Community Award, sponsored by Royal Haskoning DHV – Arriva
- Safe Vehicles Award, sponsored by Trakm8 – British Gas
- Road Risk Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Licence Bureau – Matthew Hammond at Altrad
- Kevin Storey Award for Outstanding Commitment to Road Safety, sponsored by Arriva – John Boocock
Ross Moorlock, chief operating officer at Brake, said: “We were thrilled to receive so many strong entries again this year demonstrating the fantastic work being undertaken by organisations and individuals across the industry. In what has been a difficult year for everybody it was great to bring so many from the industry together at the awards ceremony and to celebrate the successes from over the last year. A huge congratulations to all of our winners and highly commended entrants.”
Trakm8’s group sales and marketing director Peter Mansfield said of the firm’s award win: “The UK Fleet Champions Awards is one of the highlights of our calendar year and to take home the Fleet Safety Partnership Award, in conjunction with our highly valued customer Altrad Services UK, is something we are extremely proud of. It’s important that we celebrate the life-saving work the fleet industry undertakes in order to keep roads and drivers safe and this award win is one of many examples of how the latest telematics technology can bring about real change for fleets across the UK.”
Commenting on VisionTrack’s win for the Dr Will Murray Award for Analysis and Action accolade, managing director Simon Marsh said: “To help enhance road safety and improve driver behaviour is one of the main reasons VisionTrack exists and why the team are so passionate about continuing to develop our offering. We are thrilled that we’ve been recognised at these awards and proud of all the hard work to constantly make sure we stay at the cutting edge, whilst delivering the service our customers expect.”