Forming part of the PRAISE project, the annual awards recognise organisations that have made an outstanding commitment to improving work-related road safety.
Past winners have included Royal Dutch Shell, VolkerRail Ltd, Electricity Supply Board, KTL and British Telecom.
The competition is divided into three separate categories according to the size and type of the applicant organisations: SME (Small-Medium Enterprise), large company and public authority. The winners will be chosen by an independent panel of experts appointed by ETSC.
Participating organisations should complete the questionnaire which can be downloaded from the ETSC website. Applicants should be able to demonstrate that they have met most of the following criteria:
- Evidence that a "process" has taken place, ie risk assessment, formal structure, policies developed, targets measured etc.;
- Able to show an innovative approach to work related road safety including concrete actions and initiatives;
- Target setting and monitoring used as part of the road safety programme;
- Solid evidence of a return on investment; able to demonstrate the economic impact of the programme;
- Indicators set up to collect and monitor data on all collisions / material damage / casualties;
- Evidence of safety impact improvements i.e. improved crash rate and casualty reduction;
- Able to show how the programme engaged with the organisation’s staff and how senior management took responsibility for the initiative.
The deadline for applications is 1st September 2014. The awards will be presented at the ETSC’s annual PRAISE conference in Brussels in October 2014.
For further information and to download an application form, please visit the ETSC website.