This year’s FORS Members’ Conference will look at how vehicle operators can become safer, smarter and greener – including through key presentations from Highways England, Kier, Michelin and Rexel.
Back for the fourth year, the event will take place on Tuesday 15 October 2019 at the National Conference Centre in Solihull and is free for FORS members. Attendance will entitle delegates to claim 3.5 Driver CPD hours.
Key discussion topics cover:
- FORS update – recent scheme developments – Paul Wilkes, FORS
- Home, safe and well – John Kerner, Highways England
- Drivers’ mental health – Steve Croft and Natalie Geraghty, Kier
- FORS compliance and enforcement– Graham Holder, FORS
- Technology and compliance – Ruth Waring, BigChange
- Tyre management – how to deflate your running cost – Edwin Farquhar, Michelin
- Smart tachographs – the future today – Adrian Barrett, Road Tech
- Driving safety when the supply chain never stops – Marc Holloway, Rexel
In addition, the conference will be hosted by Jo Godsmark, chair of the CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport) Outsourcing and Procurement Forum, and director of BigChange. Godsmark is also a trustee of an international charity, Transaid, that seeks to provide safe, sustainable and affordable transport to communities in need across the world. The event will be in support of Transaid with FORS matching each member’s voluntary donation made at registration to a maximum of £10 per place booked.
The event will be accompanied by an exhibition featuring FORS Associates and Affinity Partners.
FORS director, John Hix said: “FORS has now been active for over 10 years and our success in driving up industry standards is reflected in the impressive number of leading industry figures who will be at this year’s conference.
“FORS is committed to raising standards to help our industry become safer, smarter and greener and we look forward to exploring this with members at this year’s event.”
For further detail on the FORS Members’ Conference, please click here.