FTA has announced its Transport Manager conference series will return in autumn 2020 at 11 venues around the UK.
The conferences are designed to explain the key issues facing fleets, and provide advice and how to keep compliant with the latest legislative developments. The conferences will take place either physically or virtually, depending on how government guidance develops.
Topics to be covered by the events’ speakers during the day-long sessions include urban restrictions, lessons learned from COVID-19, HGV platooning, drivers’ hours, practical preparations for Brexit, and a round-up of all the relevant transport legislation for the coming year.
James Firth, FTA’s head of road freight regulation policy, commented: “FTA’s 2019 Transport Manager series broke all previous records — more than 1,550 delegates attended — cementing the event’s position as a vital tool for transport managers, enabling them to stay up to date with ever-changing legislation and best practice advice. Traffic commissioners still require transport managers to demonstrate how they have kept their professional knowledge up-to-date at application or renewal; FTA’s Transport Manager is a recognised means of meeting this requirement.
“Protecting our attendees, speakers and staff against COVID-19 is our top priority, so delegates can rest assured FTA will take all the necessary safety precautions, in accordance with government guidance.”
Transport Manager will tour the UK from October to December 2020 at the following venues:
- 08/10/2020: Grand Hotel Gosforth Park Newcastle
- 13/10/2020: Culloden Estate & Spa, Belfast
- 20/10/2020: East of England Showground, Peterborough
- 22/10/2020: St Pierre Marriott, Chepstow
- 28/10/2020: Doncaster Racecourse
- 04/11/2020: MacDonald Inchyra Hotel, Falkirk
- 10/11/2020: London Heathrow Marriott, London
- 17/11/2020: Hilton at the Ageas Bowl, Southampton
- 25/11/2020: AJ Bell Stadium, Salford
- 02/12/2020: Haynes International Motor Museum, Yeovil
- 15/12/2020: Ricoh Arena, Coventry
For further information or to book a place go to fta.co.uk/events/transport-manager or call FTA Customer Services on 03717 11 22 22.