The 2020 everywoman in Transport & Logistics Awards are now open for nominations until 10 February.
First run 13 years ago, the awards celebrate the crucial positions women hold in transport and logistics, aiming to create role models and reshape the perception that transport and logistics is only for men. Women still account for just 20% of the overall workforce in the industry, showing that more work needs to be done to attract female talent to the sector.
Maxine Benson, co-founder of everywoman, said: “Every year, we look forward to shining a spotlight on some of the most exceptional women whose achievements will inspire the future generation in motivating them to consider an industry they might not otherwise have. Women working in the transport and logistics industry is increasingly seen as natural and normal – the focus should be shifted to enabling women to progress within these industries, especially in senior management roles.”
The awards will recognise two winners per category; one successful industry ‘Leader’ and one individual at any stage in their career who is going ‘Above and Beyond’ for the business they work for. The winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in London on 18 June 2020.
The 2020 awards categories are as follows:
- The Freight Award – This will be awarded to two women who are innovating and excelling in their role within freight (not including passenger transport).
- The Customer / Passenger Award – This will be awarded to two women who are excelling in their role for customers / passengers in transport, logistics and freight.
- The Infrastructure Award – This will be awarded to two women who are innovating or excelling in their role within transportation and infrastructure.
- The Supply Chain Award – This will be awarded to two women who are innovating and excelling in their role within the supply chain environment.
- The Warehousing Award – This will be awarded to two women who are excelling in their role within a warehousing environment.
- Industry Champion Award – This will be awarded to a woman who is championing the progress of women working in transport and logistics.
- Male Agent of Change – This will be awarded to a man for his active commitment to advancing the progress of women working in transport and logistics.
- Apprentice of the Year Award – This will be awarded to any male or female apprentice excelling in either transport and/or logistics
- *New for 2020* International Inspiration Award – This will be awarded to a woman working outside of the UK & Ireland that is a role model for women in her community
For further information and to enter the awards, please visit here.