Posted in:

Andrew Page improves driver safety and efficiency with Masternaut Connect

The company installed Masternaut Connect across its 900-vehicle fleet with the aim of improving vehicle and driver performance, reducing CO2 emissions, improving MPG, and increasing efficiency. The system was implemented after a trial period in Birmingham delivered a 47% reduction in harsh events and a 7.1% improvement in MPG.

The system is a part of Andrew Page’s accident reduction programme, with data provided by Masternaut helping to address driver behaviour. The programme identifies drivers and regions of high risk, understanding what those risks are and then educating drivers on how to eliminate risks on the road. Masternaut Connect tracks multiple driver behaviours, including speeding, harsh braking, harsh acceleration and harsh cornering.

Masternaut Connect scores drivers using a traffic light system, with those in the green rated as good drivers with few to zero instances of speeding or harsh driving events, whilst those in red have several instances of speeding or harsh driving events. Since installation, Andrew Page has claimed a significant improvement in driver behaviour scores across the fleet, with 98% of drivers in the green, and the remaining 2% in amber.

Overall fleet fuel efficiency has also seen an improvement as a result of improved driver behaviour, and better efficiency and scheduling. The average vehicle MPG rating has increased from 48 to 52.5, helping to save money on fuel costs.

Stuart Wiseman, group feet manager, Andrew Page commented, “At Andrew Page, we take our duty of care very seriously and are committed to providing our drivers with a safe working environment. Central to this is our accident reduction programme and ongoing driver training, the data for which has been driven by Masternaut Connect.

“Since implementation we’ve seen a big reduction in accidents, which is still continuing to reduce further month-by-month. The data provided by Masternaut Connect has been a major part in the way we’ve been able to tackle driver safety, providing ongoing feedback to our drivers based on their driving behaviour. We’ve now got 98% of our drivers rated as being safe drivers and this improvement in driving style is ensuring that we’re helping our staff get home safely.”

For more of the latest industry news, click here.